REAL ESTATE IN MINNEAPOLIS, MN
LINDEN HILLS, MINNEAPOLIS LAKES NEIGHBORHOOD
HOMES FOR SALE IN LINDEN HILLS
Linden Hills is the signature neighborhood of Southwest Minneapolis with a population of more than 7,700. Linden Hills is in Hennepin County and is one of the best places to live in Minnesota. Living in Linden Hills offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. Many families and young professionals live in this beautiful neighborhood. Moreover, the public schools in Linden Hills are above average.
The neighborhood is named for the linden trees in the area as well as for the rolling terrain. It was developed in the 1880s as a way to lure homebuyers out of downtown and into cozy cottages on the lakes (Calhoun and Harriet). The cottages are now mostly spacious bungalows and Tudors, but the attitude is still the same.
Linden Hills is home to over fifty miles of public pathways which connect creeks, lakes, and parks. The infamous (at least locally) Lake Harriet Bandshell, provides great music in the summertime as you are taking a stroll by the lake.
LINDEN HILLS HIGHLIGHTS
- Home Sales Per Year: 149
- Average Days on Market: 60
- Average Sales Price: $640,846
- Median Sales Price: $567,500
- Average Price/SF: $277
- Schools: Armatage Elementary School, Lake Harriet Lower Elementary School, Lake Harriet Community School – Upper School, Anthony Middle School, Southwest Senior High School
- Parks: Linden Hills Park, Waveland Park, Weber Park
- Beaches: Cedar Lake Point Beach, Bde Maka Ska – North Beach
- Lakes: Lake of the Isles, Bde Maka Ska (Lake Calhoun), Lake Harriet
- Shopping: 44th Street & France Avenue, 50th & France
- Neighborhood Association: No
Specializing in luxury properties and condominiums, John T. Wanninger is a professional in Edina real estate and Minneapolis real estate. John Wanninger leads the JTW Partners group at Lakes Sotheby’s International Realty Edina.