Five Minnesota Homes Where You Can Live Like You’re On Vacation All Year Long
By: Kim Palmer and Lynn Underwood
Posted: May 21, 2018 – 10:18AM
Now that the outdoor season is finally here, Minnesotans are sprucing up decks and patios and firing up their grills. Anyone can relax or dine al fresco, even on a condo balcony built for two. But some upper-bracket homes take summer living and entertaining to a grand level, with resort-like amenities including huge pools, cozy cabanas, outdoor kitchens and more. Here’s a look at five vacation-worthy properties currently on the market.
CALIFORNIA COOL $2.995 MILLION
This modern house in Edina would look at home in sunny Malibu. The statement-making, party-worthy swimming pool, which fits neatly with the home’s distinctive architecture, gives it an L.A. vibe, said real estate agent John Wanninger, Lakes Sotheby’s. The home’s cool contemporary style was inspired by the original owners’ artwork, said architect Bernard Herman, Maple Grove, who designed the house in 1975. His clients were seeking a home and gallery in one, with display space for their extensive art collection. “They also wanted the home itself to be a piece of art — sculptural and artistic,” Herman said. He delivered a timeless design with bold, simple forms, two-story spaces for showcasing tall pieces of art.
- 1.5-acre site on the “gold coast” of Edina’s Rolling Green neighborhood.
- Open floor plan on the main level.
- Massive windows face north, for maximum light without damaging artwork.
- 5,951 square feet of living space, including five bedrooms and five bathrooms.
- King-size master suite that occupies the entire second floor, with lavish bath, dual closets and a private study.
John Wanninger, Lakes Sotheby’s, 952-240-7600, has the listing.